Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lime Margarita Jello Shots



Last night me and Sean were up hollowing out limes just to make these little gems for Cinco De Mayo. I've made these over a year ago before and thought that they would be easier the second time around, especially since I had some help. WRONG! As cute as these are, making these are a tedious task since you have to hollow out the limes. I ended up with lime pulp everywhere...even in my hair... and Sean complained about how pruney his hands were. I dragged Sean into helping me and when we were finished he told me "We aren't making these again." I take it he didn't have any fun, even after I rewarded him with a few shots of tequila. But I was happy with the end result and that's all that matters.

I will say that the more limes that I hollowed, the easier it got. Since Sean wasn't having too much fun with this, he ended up just juicing the limes and handing them to me so I could clean them out. Team Work :) Also, we didn't have enough limes for the entire box of Jello, so we made normal Jello shots. We hollowed out 15 limes and I bought the big box of Jello. If you're up for the task of making these cute limes, continue reading....
Here's What You Need:

Limes (I used 15)
A large box of Lime Jello
About 1/2 cup Triple Sec
1 1/2 cups Tequila
Sugar

Directions

1. Wash the limes and cut them in half, lengthwise. Squeeze out the juice of each lime.

2.  Turn the lime halves inside out and remove the pulp. I found it easy to start at the top and just peel.

3. Wash the limes again, to remove any extra pulp that is on them. Place them in a mini muffin tray to hold them upright.

4. In a bowl, mix Jello powder with 2 cups boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Let cool. Once cooled, add 1 1/2 cups Tequila and a little less than 1/2 cup Triple Sec.
5. Sprinkle the lime halves with a little bit of sugar. Pour the liquid into lime halves. I used a 1/4 measuring cup and it worked because there wasn't too much liquid so I couldn't over pour (Yes, I have a problem with spilling just about anything I pour). Place in fridge until Jello is set.

6. Once set, cut the limes in half to make wedges.

What type of "vessel" do you use for your jello shots? Share below!

Looking for other Holiday goodies?

Halloween Brain Cake Pops
Fall Apple Cider Caramels
Valentines Day DIY Wooden
Heart in Frame



No comments:

Post a Comment