I will say that the more limes that I hollowed, the easier it got. Since Sean wasn't having too much fun with this, he ended up just juicing the limes and handing them to me so I could clean them out. Team Work :) Also, we didn't have enough limes for the entire box of Jello, so we made normal Jello shots. We hollowed out 15 limes and I bought the big box of Jello. If you're up for the task of making these cute limes, continue reading....
Limes (I used 15)
A large box of Lime Jello
About 1/2 cup Triple Sec
1 1/2 cups Tequila
1. Wash the limes and cut them in half, lengthwise. Squeeze out the juice of each lime.
2. Turn the lime halves inside out and remove the pulp. I found it easy to start at the top and just peel.
3. Wash the limes again, to remove any extra pulp that is on them. Place them in a mini muffin tray to hold them upright.
4. In a bowl, mix Jello powder with 2 cups boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Let cool. Once cooled, add 1 1/2 cups Tequila and a little less than 1/2 cup Triple Sec.
5. Sprinkle the lime halves with a little bit of sugar. Pour the liquid into lime halves. I used a 1/4 measuring cup and it worked because there wasn't too much liquid so I couldn't over pour (Yes, I have a problem with spilling just about anything I pour). Place in fridge until Jello is set.
6. Once set, cut the limes in half to make wedges.
What type of "vessel" do you use for your jello shots? Share below!
Looking for other Holiday goodies?
|Halloween Brain Cake Pops|
|Fall Apple Cider Caramels|
|Valentines Day DIY Wooden |
Heart in Frame