Monday, May 14, 2012

DIY Nail Polish with Eyeshadow


I love having different colors of nail polish, especially during the summer I love using BRIGHT colors :) But it can get expensive, especially when I end up painting my nails almost every other day because I chip and pick at them. Have you ladies seen this? I've seen it in the past and never really tried it because there were so may different versions. Some saying to use certain bases and certain pigments, dumping it in the entire bottle and all that. I have a eye shadow palette that has a bunch of different colors and let's face it I'm not going to be using neon green or teal any time soon. I mainly bought it for the different shades of pinks and purples and browns. So I figured this would be a good way to use the colors that I wouldn't normally use.The first time I tried it, I dumped the broken shadow into the bottle, it didn't mix well. It works best if you mix it in a small separate bowl or cup. It does work better if you have a mineral eye shadow because the pigment is finer, but I didn't have any big issue using other shadows.


Here's What You Need
1 eye shadow 
1 clear nail polish 
A disposable paper cup or small bowl
Q-Tip

1. Choose the color of nail polish you want (I chose one of the bright greens)
2. Break eye shadow and dump into the paper cup
3. Pour a little of the clear polish into paper cup. 

4. Remove the cotton off of a Q-Tip and mix. Make sure there aren't any clumps. If it's too thick, add more clear polish. 
5. Because the mixture is exposed, you need to paint your nails right after you mix it. Paint a couple good coats like normal and you're done :) 









What's your favorite nail polish color????

No comments:

Post a Comment