Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Kale Chips


Looking for a healthy option to snack on after all of the Super Bowl treats? These kale chips are just the healthy crunch that you are looking for. The best part about these kale chips is that you don't need a dehydrator. Your oven will work just fine for this. With just 4 ingredients, you are on your way to making crispy, crunchy and healthy chips.

I went to the Farmers Market and saw a handful of varieties of kale that isn't normally sold in the grocery store by me. Being super excited about all the different types of kale there was, I went a little overboard and bought way more than I really should have. I use kale every morning in my smoothies, sometimes toss them in my salad or soup, and my dog loves to eat kale as a treat, but other than that I really wasn't sure what to do with all the kale I had. Kale chips were perfect and easy enough that I thought I would share with you.

Here's the Recipe

Ingredients

1 bunch kale (I used Dino kale)
Coconut oil spray
Salt
Pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to the lowest possible temperature. Mine was 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the ribs of each kale leaf and discard. Tear the remaining of the kale into smaller pieces. 
3. Place kale pieces in a small bowl and lightly coat with coconut oil. You want just enough for the salt and pepper to adhere to the kale. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place the kale on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for about 45 minutes until an hour or until they are dry and crispy. This really depends on how much oil you put on and if there was any water on the kale.
5. Remove from oven, let cool and get snacking.



Want another healthy snack option?

Roasted Grapes on Toast


No comments:

Post a Comment