When I saw the grapes, I immediately thought of this recipe that I stumbled on a while back. Who would have thought that grapes thrown in the oven would be so good? I didn't. It was kind of like grape jam, but better. Although I'm not 100% on what grape jam or jelly taste like since I don't eat it and I don't like anything grape flavored except grapes themselves. Plus this has goat cheese and if you know me I love cheese.
If you're in study mode or just need something new to eat, try this. :)
Here's the recipe:
(Adapted from Glow Kitchen)
2 cups red grapes
3 ounces goat cheese
french baguette,sliced and toasted
parsley, mint or thyme, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove grapes from stems and lie them onto a parchment lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake for 25 minutes or until grapes have reduced in size and caramelized.
3. Spread a layer of soft goat cheese over a piece of toasted bread.
4. Top with roasted grapes while still warm.
5. Garnish with parsley, mint or thyme and drizzle with honey. *I didn't have any fresh herbs, so I just used dried thyme*
Sean left raspberries in my fridge and I thought that I would try the same thing and see how it would come out. I prefer the grapes just cause they reduced down a lot more and were softer, plus I'm not a big raspberry fan to begin with.