Looking for a quick and easy addition to your Thanksgiving dinner? Were you asked at the last minute to bring something? Then you're in luck because these jalapeno cornbread muffins are quick, easy and it goes great with just about anything on your dinner table. These are moist cornbread muffins with just a little kick. Delicious!
2 cups yellow cornmeal
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups milk (you can substitute with buttermilk)
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
1 thawed corn kernels
4 jalapenos, 2 sliced and 2 diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with baking liners or if you want crisper edges, butter the muffin pan.
2. Sift together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Whisk in melted butter. With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly mix the milk mixture into the dry ingredients (do not over mix). Add the corn kernels and the diced jalapeno. Stir until incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool on rack.
**Be careful not to over cook these or they will get dry. Trust me, I learned.**
Makes 24 regular size muffins
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes and décor?
|DIY Glitter Vases|