Sunday, November 9, 2014

Apple Butter Snickerdoodles


My birthday was this week and I've been waiting for more than 4 years to get the gift that I got. I knew what was in the box before I opened it, but even though I  knew what was in the box I was just as excited and surprised as if I had no clue. Unwrapping the gift wrap, I tore straight across the front of box and laid my eyes on the box of a Kitchenaid Professional Series Standup Mixer. Finally, a Kitchenaid Mixer is in my life and I couldn't be in love anymore than I am. It took so long because the idea of spending hundred and hundreds of dollars on a kitchen appliance seemed very ridiculous and not in our budget.
 
The first thing that I made were these Apple Butter Snickerdoodles. I've made Pumpkin Snickerdoodles in the past and every time I've made them, they have been a hit. Since it's Fall (probably everywhere else, BUT California) and Halloween just past, I thought that Apple Butter would be a better decision than the pumpkin. I was right.
 
These cookies are super soft and fluffy on the inside, but also has the cinnamon sugar coating on the outside that makes you want to keep reaching for "maybe just one more". These cookies stayed super soft and light the next day, but that's probably all you need to know as these cookies won't last.
 
Keep reading for this Fall recipe...

Here's The Recipe

Ingredients

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
dash of allspice
dash of ground ginger
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
1 cup apple butter
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (for coating)
1/4 cup granulated sugar (for coating)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1 and 1/4 cups of sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat at medium speed until combined. Add the vanilla and apple butter and beat until combined. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. 
4. In a shallow bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and roll the ball into the sugar mixture. Place the ball onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Dip the bottom of a small drinking glass into water and then dip the bottom of the glass into the cinnamon sugar. Slightly flatten the balls using the glass. Dipping the glass in the water and cinnamon sugar keeps it from sticking, so dip as often as needed.
5. Bake the cookies until the edges are set and the cookies are golden brown, about 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
 

 
Want More Cookie Recipes?
 
http://cristalee8314.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumpkin-snickerdoodles.html
Pumpkin
Snickerdoodles
http://cristalee8314.blogspot.com/2014/09/hazelnut-tea-cookies.html
Hazelnut Tea Cookies
http://cristalee8314.blogspot.com/2014/09/hazelnut-tea-cookies.html
Coconut Macaroons

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment