I've been looking for a way to neatly organized all of the earrings and rings that I have, but the thought of buying a ring tray didn't sound appealing to me. Why? Because there aren't lids for the trays and because those trays don't really fit in any of the smaller spaces that I have. I used a small tin box that I had and placed all my earrings and rings that I have for my Etsy Store so that they would be safe. Help diminish my insane amount of earrings by purchasing a pair for yourself here!
I had left over supplies from when I made Jewelry Tray Liners to store all my necklaces and I figured there had to be a way to use the rest of the left over felt that I had. This earring and ring storage is super quick and easy. Just don't burn yourself with the glue gun like I did. The best thing about thing this earring and ring storage is that it can be easy customized. You can use any box and you do not need anything special. If you have a jewelry box that you love, but your earrings are a mess in, you can simply add this DIY to that box.
Keep reading to see how you can make your own DIY earring and ring storage.
Here's What You Need
Card stock, cut into strips just slightly smaller than the width and height of your box
An empty box, jewelry box, or drawer
Hot glue gun
1. Gather all of your items. Cut the felt just slightly bigger than the width of the card stock strip. The length of it is your preference. I tested how many times I would have to roll it before I cut it.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue the strip of card stock to one end of the felt. Fold the edge of the felt over the card stock and roll. You will need to add a strip of glue every now and then as you are rolling.
3. Add a strip of glue to the end of the felt.
4. Fold the end over the rolled felt and press down to seal. You don't want it to come undone.
5. Add the rolled felt to the box to make sure that it fits properly. You may need to cut the ends of the rolled felt in order for it to fit, depending on how good you rolled.
6. Repeat steps 2-4 until you have enough rolled felt to fit the entire box. If you want, remove all the rolled felt and place back in one by one, adding a strip of glue to the bottom of each roll. This will insure that it all stays put.
7. Add cute jewelry and you are done!
How do you store your jewelry? Leave a comment to share!
Learn how to make your own earrings and tray liner here.
|DIY Cabochon Earrings|
|DIY Black Jewelry Tray Liner|