I've been seeing lots of different statement necklaces around lately and as much as I love them, they are too bulky for my preference. The version that I've made still makes a statement without being overly clunky or chunky. It's super easy to make with not too many items needed. I like making this necklace because it is quick and can easily be customized. As you can see in the picture above, you can change the amount of beads to make a bigger pendent or you can change the color beads to whatever suits your liking or outfits. Keep reading to check out how you can make your own.
Silver Beading Wire
Lobster Clasp with Jump Rings
9 Silver Head Pins
53 6mm pearl beads (mine was 40 black and 13 white)
1. Gather all your supplies and cut the silver beading wire to about 7 inches. This length is a lot longer than what is needed in order to make sure you have enough.
2. Place 3 beads onto a head pin.
4. Add one more bead onto the next head pins, until you reach 7 then go back down.
Mine was (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3)
5. Using the wire cutters and the round pliers, wrap the end of the wire around the tip of the pliers to create a loop at the end of the head pin to secure each set of beads.
6. Using the wire cutters and the round pliers, wrap the beading wire around the tip of the pliers to create a loop. Place one black bead onto the beading wire and then add one of the 3 stacks. Add another black bead onto the beading wire and then add one of the 4 stacks. Continuing adding bead and stacks until all are gone.
|Sorry this once came out blurry!|
7. Once all of the beads are used, wrap the end of the beading wire around the tip of the round pliers to create a loop and also securing the beads. Attach the one end of the chain onto each loop. Find the middle of the chain and unchain. Add the lobster clasp and jump rings.
Did you make your own? Show me how it came out by posting it below!