Friday, July 6, 2012

Baked Sriracha Wings


I hope your 4th of July was amazing and filled with family, friends and of course fireworks. This week went by really fast and last weekend I went camping for the first time up in Big Bear. I really loved it and I never would have thought that I would have been ok with being outdoors and around bugs. I loved it so much that Sean and I are going again this weekend. I'm excited to go fishing and hopefully catch a bigger fish than Sean :) 

I'm always down to try new things, like camping, and these Sriracha wings are something new that I was VERY willing to give a try. Sriracha entered my life less than a year ago and I don't know why it took me so long to figure out about it. When I came across this recipe for Sriracha wings, it was definitely the next item on my to do list. These Sriracha wings had some heat to it, but not as much as I thought they would have and I kicked it up by adding some ground habanero powder to it. If you don't have any or are afraid of the heat, I think it would taste just as good without it. If you're like me and have fallen in love with Sriracha, than this is something that you have to make now! 


Here's the recipe:
(Adapted from Life's Ambrosia)

1 1/2 lb chicken wings, tips trimmed and cut at the joint, rinsed and pat dry
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
canola oil
1/4 cup Sriracha
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground habanero powder

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. In a bowl whisk together egg and milk. In a resealable plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Dip wings in egg mixture then transfer to plastic bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a plate and allow to set for 15 minutes.
3. Place chicken wings on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.

4. While the wings are cooking combine Sriracha, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger, ground habanero and remaining kosher salt in a bowl and mix well.

5. Once wings are cooked, place hot wings in a bowl and toss with Sriracha sauce to coat completely. Serve hot.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment