It's been super nice out lately... well except for the little storm that came on Friday, but other than that it's been sunny. I really want to go out to the beach and relax especially since I've been stressed lately. Graduating in about 8 weeks is officially freaking me out and looking for a job, fixing my resume and writing cover letters on top of school work and beginning to tutor Junior High students is stressful for me. I'm super lucky that I have an amazing boyfriend who helps me with just about everything, no matter what kind of attitude I throw at him. And I'm lucky to have a beach just minutes away from my place. This necklace was inspired by that beautiful weather and I'm excited for summer to come.
*Update* I did list one of these necklaces on my Etsy shop if you are interested in buying it.
Here's What You Need
Flower (one that you can connect a chain at 2 ends of it)
8 Glass Amber Flat Squares (20x20mm)
2 Jump Rings
Lobster Claw Clasp
Round Nose Pliers
1. Place a piece of wire through one of the square beads. Use the round nose pliers and wrap the end of the wire around the tip of the pliers to create a loop. Push the bead towards the loop and wrap the other end of the wire around the tip of the pliers to create another loop. You should have 2 loops at the end of each bead.
2. Repeat step 1 with all of the beads. Slightly open one end of the loops and connect another bead to it. Continue doing so until you have a chain of the square beads.
3. Attach the chain of beads to one end of the flower.
4. Cut a chain to 6 inches and attach a jump ring to both ends. Attach one end of the chain to the flower with the jump ring.
5. Cut another piece of chain to 7 1/2 inches. Attach a jump ring to one end and a lobster claw clasp to the other end. Attach the chain to the last square bead with the jump ring.
And now you're ready to go out in the sun while you're rockin your summer dress :)
I made the necklace so the flower was higher than the square beads, but if you don't like the way that looks, cut both pieces of chain to equal lengths.