One of my favorite sides to go with chicken, steak or a burger are definitely these za'atar fries. I was introduced to za'atar a few years back, but after my trip to Israel this year, that was when I actually started cooking with it. I love za'atar on pita, but the spice on these oven fries, it's perfect.
1 pound potatoes, cut into wedges (I used an Idaho potato)
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons za'atar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. (This helps keeps the potatoes from sticking at all)
2. Combine the potatoes, oil, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon za'atar in a bowl. Toss to completely coat the potatoes.
3. Arrange potatoes on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 12 minutes.
5. Carefully flip the potato pieces over to get them brown and crispy on the other side.
6. Bake for an additional 12 minutes, until golden.
7. Once done, immediately toss in the rest of the za'atar.
8. Serve with steak, chicken, burger or enjoy by alone.
Looking for other sides and snacks? Try these!
|Summer Pasta Salad|
|Avocado Deviled Egg|